Topic: Chumby Classic not booting on battery

Hi there,

first of all, I'd like to thank Duane and everybody working with him for having kept our Chumbies alive...

I used to have one on my office desk back in 2009-2010 (a friend of Sand Diego brought me one to Italy in 2009), then had to shut down the office and the poor Chumby went into a drawer for two long years. Two weeks ago I decided that it was time to reboot it and, after a few issues, I managed to land on this forum and find a way to have it working while connected to the wall plug.

Yesterday I connected a 9v battery then tried to reboot my Chumby Classic (the "Latte" one), but all what I got was a very loud "beep". No way to make it working with a Duracell 9v battery. The battery is - of course - fully charged ;-)

Any hint? Anything I am forgetting?

Thank you in advance,

Luca

Re: Chumby Classic not booting on battery

The 9V battery was never intended to run the Chumby Classic.  It was to help it survive short blips in power without rebooting.

This thread has some information:
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=3608

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

The battery port of the Classic seems to be not very reliable. It worked for me several days in the beginning, and then suddenly stopped and doesn't react in any way on a connected battery since then.

Well, thanks! It sounds like I can forget about it :-)