Re: I just got the 533_2 firmware upgrade

I would start here...

http://www.tuned.mobi/

Just be sure to only use links that are mp3 as the Chumby can not play wma streams. I am sure there are other radio station lists, this is just one that I use on my cell phone to listen to music.

-HuckFinn

Just got this update on my Chumby as part of the first install procedure.

The process was straight forward, but I would suggest changing one thing:

to have the "special settings" screen and screens with lots of rings on it show that something is actually happening. It's not obvious enough and a less patient person may have switched the unit off. I'd recommend an animated spinner to show the chumby is "thinking".

Unfortunately, most of those screens are presented during the Linux boot process - so many of the system resources required to do anything substantial or informative simply aren't loaded yet.  The current screens are more-or-less screen dumps that are loaded directly into the hardware through somewhat crude methods.

Understood, in that case I'd consider forgoing the fancy design screen with a screen that says "please wait"?

gingerbeardman wrote:

Understood, in that case I'd consider forgoing the fancy design screen with a screen that says "please wait"?

We've modified the "special options" boot screen in the 1.4.0 firmware to read "loading special options".  If you've already applied the update, you can see the new screen by holding the touch screen down for 5 seconds during boot.

There are thoussnds of them.
If you enter "MP3 audio streams" into a google type search you will be presented with many streams.
here is an example if you are looking for syntax.

http://www.kcsn.org/listen/hi.pls
This is what they look like.
If all you can get is a link try right clicking on it and looking at the info line that will be the link.
UNfortunatly there is no WEB access to the "my streams".
IMHO it would be great to be able to copy and paste these links and have them show up on the chumby.
This would be a big step fowared.
Good luck have fun.
Yaesumofo

dermotn wrote:

Anybody got a list of MP3 streams that will allow me to add radio stations via "my streams"??

thanks

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

Ken wrote:
gingerbeardman wrote:

We've modified the "special options" boot screen in the 1.4.0 firmware to read "loading special options".  If you've already applied the update, you can see the new screen by holding the touch screen down for 5 seconds during boot.

Thanks Ken, sounds like you're one step ahead!

Nice work.
matt