Re: UNBRICK YOUR DASH

So I gave my dash and the Chumby website to a friend that does some IT. Within 30 minutes he had unbricked my Dash. I definitely was getting things loaded on the stick wrong. A picture of the list and the order of things on the USB would be very helpful. Im not sure how to put pics on here, so it'd have to be someone else. Anyways now all 3 of my Dashes are running on the new Chumby system. Its so great to have my Dashes back. Thanks guys!!!

BADMAV302 wrote:

So I gave my dash and the Chumby website to a friend that does some IT. Within 30 minutes he had unbricked my Dash. I definitely was getting things loaded on the stick wrong. A picture of the list and the order of things on the USB would be very helpful. Im not sure how to put pics on here, so it'd have to be someone else. Anyways now all 3 of my Dashes are running on the new Chumby system. Its so great to have my Dashes back. Thanks guys!!!

There's a picture in the initial post on this thread.

There is no order, when you look at the contents, the program that you use to display the contents of the drive sorts them in whatever order you asked for the display.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

153 (edited by guentjo 2017-08-23 11:57:15)

This is awesome.  I wonder why this took so long.  When the Dash first started to fail a year or so ago I looked everywhere for a solution.  Thanks for making it happen.

Keep up the good work.  The fan base may be small, but it's excited.

I successfully chumbyized my unbricked dash and tried to create a channel of newsfeeds. The Reuters and Huffington feeds seem not to load; BBC and Google do load.  The functionality of reading the corresponding articles that used to exist in the Dash (when it worked) isn’t there. Am I doing something wrong?

guentjo wrote:

This is awesome.  I wonder why this took so long.  When the Dash first started to fail a year or so ago I looked everywhere for a solution.  Thanks for making it happen.

Keep up the good work.  The fan base may be small, but it's excited.

There was no need to unbrick the dash before now.

156 (edited by Monroe 2017-08-23 18:22:42)

Uuh  yea, you guys deserve medals.  Ive been following everything since the getgo and the process needed to chumbify the dash is flawless.

...not to mention that chumbifying the dash was possible at all. 

I cannot believe for the life of me how sony could suck wind so badly.  You guys literally brought  this brick back to being usable.  Sony owes you guys huge for keeping their name from being complete Mud.

For those that dont subscribe, you absolutly need a donation option on your site or way for some users to be able to contribute something to your efforts.
*also, instead of subscribing per month, can we pay you a year upfront?

Well done fellas.  110% WELL DONE. THANKYOU.

Monroe wrote:

For those that dont subscribe, you absolutly need a donation option on your site or way for some users to be able to contribute something to your efforts.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9703

Monroe wrote:

*also, instead of subscribing per month, can we pay you a year upfront?

That's being worked on, it was one of the projects that got put on hold with Sony's abrupt exit from the field.

Thank you!!
I used the unbrick image and it worked perfectly.
Then I converted by Dash to run Chumby, and I love it.
Thanks, again!