Topic: UK BBC News widget

Hi,

Just wanted to let any UK Chumby users know that my BBC news UK edition widget is available in the widget lab.

It pulls the last 8 items from the BBC UK news feed and lets you read the article in its entirety by pausing the feed and scrolling.

I hope to make it customisable to use with other BBC news feeds to shortly.

It´ś based on the Chumby RSS widget - many thanks to Duane and jvc for helping me out!

Ta!

....now if I could just get BBC Radio 4 on my Chumby I´d throw out my antique radio/alarm clock..... smile

Re: UK BBC News widget

Nice one mate! Only yesterday I was cursing the BBC for the lack of detail in their RSS feeds...

3 (edited by lo_toad 2008-02-12 13:14:25)

Hi tismey,

Thanks for the comments!

I know I still have a few bugs to work out but if you like the widget could you rate it for me. I think thats how things are going to be sorted in the widget categories and it would be useful to other UK Chumbyites(?) if it was a bit prominent.  smile

I´m working on one that will grab the latest UK football scores at the moment.

Ta!

I can rate widgets? ooo, so I can..

*wanders off muttering to self*

Very useful widget.  I've just rated it too.

very good widget, look forward to the soccer one

7 (edited by gingerbeardman 2008-02-28 17:42:08)

I've just submitted a Ceefax Viewer widget, should be in the directory soon. I'll start a proper thread about it when it's added...

edit: here's my thread

Like the widget.. but it be even cooler if it allowed you to load up a US version in the widget configuration page wink

Best news site widget yet! Would you make more?

This is a neat widget. Like above posters have asked, would you consider making one for US papers? The Headline readers are okay but I'd really like to read the entire artilce from USA Today or CNN.