Topic: the subject of Wifi and time such

Id like to see a screen where you can see the mac address, IP info and signal strength in LARGE type / graphic indicator right on the chumby itself.. so one can (position for best reception)... Not a full widget, but an offshoot of the info screen....

Also would like to see options for the click mode to be enabled using the PI menu, it tends to turn itself off after any updates... perhaps a similar screen could be used for a clock only mode off of the regular info menu.. Iv been using a seperate clock channel at times when just wanting to display the time, but its sort of a pain to have to deal with it like that.. Have a clock mode internal to the chumby similar to the music mode.... where a widget is internal or doesnt have to be loaded to tell the time... Heck also display the internal clocks time in the standard chumby info screen as well as the (proposed) wifi signal screen

Re: the subject of Wifi and time such

By "click mode", I assume the little click when you touch the screen - if so, you can find a check box on the Settings->Volume screen.

Re: the subject of Wifi and time such

Yeah I did.. All kidding aside either im blind or I didn't see it there pre-control panel update...
I enabled it using the echo hack listed in the wiki originally...

I feel like a complete idiot now wink

(At least I can't be quite told to RTFM wink