Topic: Turns itself off....

I have only had the Chumby for two days, but each morning, the chumby seems to be turned off.  I need to restart it with the power button.  I do put it in night mode at night and thought maybe i just couldn't see it, but this morning I looked reall carefully and it was a black screen. 

I put in a 9volt battery this morning, in case we are having power outages at night...(yeah small town woes).

thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: Turns itself off....

My unit will shutoff (sometimes reboot) during the day. And on a few occasions, it just turned itself on. I think it may be a bit static sensitive. (not kidding, really just turned itself on).

Please contact Customer Support regarding this issue if you haven't already.

I contacted tech support shortly after this message and never heard from anyone. My Chumby sits in the desk drawer now. What is the best way to contact tech support?

my experiences with a related item

Up until 2 weeks ago I had not run any of the beta control panels, nor had I ever put Chumby into Night mode.

Turned beta control panel on (and it just keeps getting better and better, keep up the great work).

A week later (last Sunday) I brought Chumby up to my room and wanted to test nightmode after reading a few posts.  The next morning I left nightmode on and a few hours later (left and came back) Chumby would not wake back up, screen was off.  After rebooting and testing again this past week I have not been able to duplicate/repeat it. 

fwiw,
Beau

My Chumby decided to turn off about 5 times today.  the screen is warm to the touch while the display is black.  I press the "on" button and it resumes until the next unexplained shutdown.  I am running the beta control panel.

Guys,
The best way to contact support is to go to http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support and hit the 'live chat' button.  Chat hours are 9am - 6pm M-F Pacific Time.  Email is also available. 

Please let us know if you have any issues with your chumbys.

dharmaone,
Not sure why you didn't receive a reply.  We may not have received the email.  Please re-email if you haven't already.

-Sam