Topic: Decent Clock/Alarm?

I am new to the chumby so excuse my ignorance if possible. I was browsing the current widgets and looked over all the clocks and found nothing worth while. I was wondering if someone was in the process of making an clock that supports maybe 2-3 alarms with day support (IE 1 alarm to go off at 7am on weekdays only and 9am on weekends)? It would be nice to maybe see the time (12 hour please!) date in any format with a day of the week and the current alarm status. Also if an alarm could use mp3s if possible for wake up it would be sweet. Please let me know.

Re: Decent Clock/Alarm?

You might want to check out the "Beta Software" section of the forum.

Re: Decent Clock/Alarm?

pyrodex,

Just so you understand, this functionality is built into the Beta Control Panel. No widgets needed to set the alarm. I beleive you can set as many custom alarms as you like. If you put the unit into Night mode, the screen will dim really low and and  show a clock in 12hr format with the next scheduled alarm shown on the bottom. You can have the alarm play either one of three built in sounds, play a streaming radio station, play an mp3 of your choice or do some other silent action like change channel or wake up from night mode.

I think just about all of the things you've asked for are currently covered. ;-)

-HuckFinn