Topic: Sales Numbers

Does anyone know about how many chumbys have been sold?

Re: Sales Numbers

I doubt we'll ever know, since the company isn't required to divulge those figures.

Chumby birthdate: 10/11/07

Unless it hits astronomical numbers, in which case we'll see a "millions served" promotional widget.

Lets just hope they sell enough of them to maintain the service. I would hate to see the whole thing fail.

I watched the videos of the production lines. Man it is clear to me that the people who are behind the Chumby are very passionate about it. They of course want it to succeed. So do I. It is clear that they have chosen high end manufacturing. Thank goodness. IN China there are many options from Low end to very high manufacturing. The top of the line side of things cost more to do. At least these first gen units are well made. I hope they are able to maintain this.
It was really cool to watch those videos of the chumby being made.
Not many companies will show you this process. This enhances the Open nature and dedication to quality they have.

This is a very risky and dangerous fickle world we live in. What is hot today may not be tomorrow.

Chumby  has a great deal of potential. I love the open source nature of it. I suppose that will lead to a long life no matter what happens in the short medium and long term.

IMHO it is important to focus energy on the Chubbies strengths. Finding a killer app and running with it. The streaming audio is a great start.

Standalone Internet radios cost more than the Chumby does..and of course the chumby does so much more.

I can't wait to see where this whole thing goes.
Yaesumofo

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

I certainly agree with Yaesumofo.  The Chumby is very well made as you can tell while handling it.  With the current price of $179.95 the Chumby is certainly worth every penny for what it does.  That price also included shipping and handling.  We are very fortunate to have gotten in on the ground floor of this very amazing new internet device.  When the Chumby hits the retail shelves it should go flying off the shelves like the current Asus Eee is doing.  I hope I can figure out how to make widgets so I can customize my Chumby for my own personal use.  I love the Linux OS operating system, so much more stable than Windows.
Bob - Ohio