1 (edited by Beastlykings 2007-12-12 11:01:12)

Topic: Now or Later?

I want a chumby, but I don't know if I want one now while there are still problems or later when there are less.
I don't care about the software aspect as long as I can always update to the latest version, its the hardware aspect that bugs me. I don't wanna buy a chumby and then later find out they have a newer chumby with a better screen, increased wifi range, or a web cam or something like that.
Should I get one now or later?

Re: Now or Later?

In my opinion, as a customer I find it exciting to be able to help with the definition of a product, however small my contributions may be.  Admittedly, I can afford the Chumby, and it's only critical in my life in one way, waking me up, but I anticipate it will be more important as it, the device, and I, the consumer, mature.

I hope that helps.

wayn3w

The hardware is "frozen". What you buy today is what you'll get if you wait until the "official" launch. That's not to say that there won't be a new version at some future date, but all of the updates that are happening now are software-related and will bring the early adopters along for the ride.

4 (edited by Beastlykings 2007-12-12 13:11:55)

Aha! Thank you both, that answers my question!
I'll update as soon as I get mine!
So many plans for it..

Ok I've ordered my Chumby!
How long does it usually take to arrive?

Hi guys i think you guys are the customers of the site so can you tell me what exactly the chumby software do. I am a newbie and does not much about the community.

Unbelievable Delivery:

My Chumby was shipped on Dec. 20 from China and I received it on Dec. 26 in Ohio.  That is remarkable delivery time being that it was the Christmas holiday season.  Great job Team Chumby.  The Chumby works great and is just what I wanted for my bedside table.  I didn't even have to update it.  It was already updated when I received it.  Great job, well done!