Topic: Chumby for Christmas!

Hooray! I have a Chumby!

I've been waiting patiently for one for quite a while, and perhaps I happened to send the insider's information to my dad a month ago. Meanwhile, he's in the other room playing with the Nabaztag that I got him! We're a wifi'd family this year.

So far I'm really impressed - I got it to sync with my facebook profile immediately and pull pictures & profile updates, and now I've got the email reader working as well. Updated to the new beta control panel (which thus far works great - including MP3's from my USB stick and streaming radio -- looking forward to see if Pandora can be implemented).

The only real quirk that I've run in to so far is that none of my email messages (which are sorting in the right order) seem be be readable. Not a big deal since all I really wanted was to just know whether or not a new message came in.

Anyways... I'll be doing some more tooling around with my new toy, but overall out-of-the-box I'm very satisfied. I'm worried about the screen heat issue, but if you chumby guys say it's okay than I'll wait until it fails to say "gimme a new screen!" Ha ha.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to all!

Dave

2 (edited by Gigman 2007-12-26 21:28:48)

Re: Chumby for Christmas!

Same here, I just got my Chumby, right now its set up as the worlds most awesome clock (with widgets) and so far, I've got to say, hats off to all the guys at Chumby HQ and the community.  I cant wait to open it up try out some of these hacks, Ive got my eye on making it wireless, sans wall wart. Having a wild Chumby tethered and chained to wall is just unnatural if you ask me. 
Happy New Year!
-Gigman

Re: Chumby for Christmas!

Ditto here.  We got his and hers Chumbys for Christmas and we both think they are great.  It's making me re-learn and hone my Flash skills, and I have already have a few widgets running.   It's going to be interesting to see what comes out of all this as the years go by.

A late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Daland