Topic: I'm returning my Chumby

It was kinda cool, but way too much for what it is. Maybe if you can get it off the "it sucks" side of the coolness scale it way be worth something. But until then I want my money back.

Now I've red the return policy but it's crytpic. I have the bags it came in and everything. I have used it and didn't like it. It's in perfect condition but I can still return it right?
What exactly do I have to do?

Re: I'm returning my Chumby

Read the return policy and then fill out the return request form at http://store.chumby.com/ReturnForm.aspx
Otherwise contact the Customer Support team as they may be able to help you with any issues you had with your chumby.

I did fill out the request form. >.< That does not answer my question!

salukigirl wrote:

I did fill out the request form. >.< That does not answer my question!

Once you send off the request form and Chumby have processed it they will send you an email with an RMA number and instructions for sending back your chumby.

Wow...

Can't believe you're sending one back?

Might I suggest that you eBay it?

CRJ
Charley Jones, PMP
A+ MOUS MCP MCSA MCSE MCDBA MCAD MCT MCTS MCITP PMP ITIL
Founder & President: S3OLV.Com    Founder & President: LVXUG.Com

You do realize you have an insider release of a product that is a work in progress, right? It is still exclusive enough that you can probably sell it for more than you bought it for. I think it would speak volumes about these guys if they refund your money simply because you didn't like the product. I've never known any company to take a product back because their customer didn't like what they purchased. Buyer beware, do your research before purchasing, and all of that. It certainly is quirky in its infancy, but this is something I knew about it before I purchased it, because I did a little research about the product before I purchased it.

dwatson wrote:

You do realize you have an insider release of a product that is a work in progress, right? It is still exclusive enough that you can probably sell it for more than you bought it for. I think it would speak volumes about these guys if they refund your money simply because you didn't like the product. I've never known any company to take a product back because their customer didn't like what they purchased. Buyer beware, do your research before purchasing, and all of that. It certainly is quirky in its infancy, but this is something I knew about it before I purchased it, because I did a little research about the product before I purchased it.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. Unless its underwear and used toilet paper, plenty of companies take their products back if the customer is not happy. You can do all the research you want but ultimately the final test for customer satisfaction is when you have the product in your hands. I personally believe that while the chumby is a cool gadget, it is overpriced for what you get. I will wait until the price comes down, until then $179 is not justifiable.

fdiaz78 wrote:
dwatson wrote:

Sorry but you are completely wrong. Unless its underwear and used toilet paper, plenty of companies take their products back if the customer is not happy. You can do all the research you want but ultimately the final test for customer satisfaction is when you have the product in your hands. I personally believe that while the chumby is a cool gadget, it is overpriced for what you get. I will wait until the price comes down, until then $179 is not justifiable.

Do you really believe this? Okay, do this then. Purchase, say, a camera from some company. Tell them that you don't like the pictures it takes and demand a refund. They'll tell you that if it is a manufacturer defect they will replace or repair it. They won't refund your money though just because you aren't satisfied with the product. There are very few satisfaction guarantees on products and those guarantees are usually gimmicky, at best.

At $180, a completely hackable handheld Linux computer that has the potential to do anything you want it to is fairly cheap.

There seems to be a general disconnect between some owners and the actual product. While I think Chumby the company has been pretty clear about the beta nature of the product at this point, some owners don't seem to understand that.

That's not really a criticism of those owners. But rather, a query as to what they thought they were getting.

Personally, it does exactly what I thought it did, based on the web site.

without regard to anything else on this thread - most retailers will accept a return for replacement or refund *unless* it's media (movies, games, software), in which case they'll only replace the title.  Have you ever returned clothes because they didn't fit?  Yes, I have returned my digital camera because the quality was bad.  Not to the manufacturer, but to the retailer (and chumby is acting as both here). 

Regardless of chumby's beta status, I'd be suprised if chumby industries didn't take back the chumby.  It would be a poor marketing choice to say 'here's a kind of weird product, buy it, but if you don't like it, screw you'.

Want to see a cool project? check out my projects on Gadget Gangster