Topic: Release Notes - Control Panel 2.6.51
To run the Control Panel Beta on your chumby, select it from the popup menu on the website on the "My Chumby" page - it's in the lower right - and reboot your chumby. To return to the release Control Panel, just reselect "Control Panel" (without the "Beta") and reboot your chumby.
If you decide to revert back to the release Control Panel, you may need to "restore to factory defaults" in Safe Mode if you've made changes to the first alarm in the Alarms screen, since it's interpreted by the older Control Panel as alarm2.
if you are running a previous beta, simply reboot your chumby. Please review previous release notes if this is your first beta.
Release Date: 12/19/07
Summary: Adds "My Streams" audio source, which allows users to add their own Internet Radio stations. Adds search to SHOUTcast to get access to the entire catalog. Miscellaneous art changes and bug fixes. Note that pretty much *all* of the present artwork in the music subsystem will be replaced soon. Again, alarms still iffy, especially with heavy widget loading.
* Fixed "done" button in timezone screen
* replaces art in SHOUTcast (old art still there in alarms), reduces main list to 25 stations, but...
* adds search to SHOUTcast
* adds "My Streams" source, supporting MP3 and Ogg direct streams, plus simple PLS and M3U playlist formats
* fixes misc minor bugs
* restored entry for "iPod" even if not connected (to let people know it's possible).
* alarms should honor duration
* repeating alarms should be properly rescheduled
* Sunday now properly treated as a weekend day
* fixed ghosting of alarm ring panel
* fixed "cancel" on continuous audio source selection
* fixes misc minor bugs
* replaced art to be consistent with other screens
* added name of current channel
* Control Panel now monitors the existence of /tmp/change_profile - if present, will attempt to change channels to the channel name in the file. The file is then deleted. This allows external scripts to initiate a channel change.
* adds post-alarm action scripts - will look for script /mnt/usb/post_alarm_action_N where N is a one-based index of the alarm. If not present, looks for /mnt/usb/post_alarm_action. If either present, it will be executed when the corresponding alarm is stopped by the user.
* "Music Files on USB" will not recognize complicated file names (requires firmware update)