Topic: Is it possible to pre-order a chumby?

I used the form on the main page to request one for development purposes (extending the webserver, adding more daemons, possibly even hosting my personal .com off of it to prove it can be done), but is there any way to outright order one?  I would love one!  This seems like a great device to me, and I would literally kill for one.

Re: Is it possible to pre-order a chumby?

No, unfortunately not.

This is not yet a product, and simply not for sale.

Sorry.

On the other hand, let me think of somebody to kill....(rubs chin thoughtfully...)

3 (edited by aban 2007-04-17 00:47:15)

chumby is lovely, I fall in love with it and want to pre order too,
great device, let us wait.

Count me in for pre order, haha

mmm....chumby...

aban wrote:

chumby is lovely, I fall in love with it and want to pre order too,
great device, let us wait.

I think it is wise that there is no preorder option; it puts pressure on everyone and creates an entanglement; angry people screaming "You got my money and I don't have anything!!!"

Since the earliest this device was to go on sale was the second quarter you'd have people livid by now if there was a pre-order. Besides a pre-order is an interest free loan to whoever you pre-order from, unless there is a benefit for you (cheaper price etc) why bother.

In addition if you see something else you want to buy you are locked in (which would have been for nearly 1/2 a year) and a lot can change during that time.