Topic: Threatpost not working on Infocast 8

On the Infocast 8, the threatpost widget says no data.
It used to do the same on an adjacent Infocast 3.5 but when I did the SSL fix on the Infocast 3.5 that started working.

I thought it was an SSL problem on the Infocast 8 but the Google Calendar is working, that did not work before the SSL fix on the Infocast 3.5. I didn't have to do anything to ssl on the Infocast 8, if the SSL fix is even for that, and I don't know if it is.

Re: Threatpost not working on Infocast 8

The widget does work for me on the Infocast 8 when the SSL fix v3 is installed.

Without the fix I used to get a different error though: "Unable to Load. Please try again later".

So the ssl v3 fix is applicable to the Infocast 8? I couldn't determine that is is.

It is.

From the Chumby SSL Fix Wiki @ Sourceforge:
"Thanks to the effort of Chumby forum user Chankla, the Chumby 8 (and Insignia 8 with Chumby 8 software) turn out to be compatible with the fix. The Sony Dash however is not, at least for the time being."

Yeah, I saw that, but I don't have a Insignia 8 with Chumby 8 software.
I have an Insignia 8 with the Insignia 8 software.  So that statement is not applicable.

So I just don't know if that is supposed to work or not.
Does anyone know? Do I dare try the SSL v3 fix on the Insignia 8?
Or will it screw things up?

One thing that made me think this is not the problem is on the Insignia 3.5s I have the Google Calendar didn't work, and after the SSL V3 it did. The Google calendar does work on the Insignia 8. So I think that means the SSL is working and the SSL v3 is not needed. But I don't know for sure.

You should be fine.

Just do the validation first and, if it looks good, install it.

Validation?

if you follow the semi-manual procedure and run install.sh without the "-i" parameter, it "....will only analyze the setup and tell whether an update is possible or not."

I am the developer of that widget. It does require the SSL fix on 3.5 inch devices as well as C8 and Dash.

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

drexful wrote:

I am the developer of that widget. It does require the SSL fix on 3.5 inch devices as well as C8 and Dash.

It's working on the I 3.5s now, with the SSL fix.
It's interesting.
For nerds like me. Thanks!

karmic wrote:

if you follow the semi-manual procedure and run install.sh without the "-i" parameter, it "....will only analyze the setup and tell whether an update is possible or not."

I'll look into that on the I8.
Thanks

It seems to work on the I8 now.
But I have two Infocast 3.5s, one works one doesn't.
The google calendar works on both, which I thought was the other symptom of not working SSL.
But the Threatpost fails to load on one of them. Works on the other.
I just ran SSLFIX again and I got only an
--------------------------------------Installer Finished
message in the log, but I don't think it worked, probably when I originally did that SSL fix.
Any ideas?