Re: How to load alternate themes.

would any user be kind enough to make a youtube walk thru video of this process for users like myself who are barely able to follow all there computer terms and process names... i was able to jailbreak my ideevices and hack my psps, i would like to understand this ssh process and see step by step how you access the dash to enter these commands to change your themes

OR ..

will more theme options be a possibility in a future software version? i miss my old themes like crazy, but i am patient.. thiss proocess has me confused and i am really trying to read everything, im also not familiar wiith forums so i may be missing parts of he discussion. also thankyou everyone who made this ressurrection possible. i encourage every dash owner to donate and try out the service

my requests for the future. if possible..

enable the weather widget , youtube, more theme options..

again THANKYOU!!!!

Is it possible to put all of those other themes somewhere in the Dash filesystem, then make them available as choices in the Theme Selector in the GUI?

Thanks!

dnwhoop02 wrote:

Is it possible to put all of those other themes somewhere in the Dash filesystem, then make them available as choices in the Theme Selector in the GUI?

Thanks!

Probably not.
As I understand it, (and, Duane, please correct me if I am wrong), the old Sony themes are actually the copyrighted property of Sony. There is a big difference between Duane standing idly by whilst other people talk about ways in which it might be possible to perhaps copy and use these themes (purely as a theoretical discussion, of course), and him actively distributing material to which he does not hold the copyright.

Thanks to all, and most especially Duane !

Total newbie here, but making progress. Figured out that the easiest way to ssh into my ChumDash in OSX is to

"ssh root@IPAddress" in terminal. Alternate themes work fine.

i am not able to acces the SSH connection

any software is asking me username and password.
what should i have to write?

chumby account username and password? it doesnt work.

i think i don't have any other username and passwords.

Do i have to let it blank?

after several trials the server disconnect me automatically

no way to get it work.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Here's the instructions:
https://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title … the_chumby

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Hi,
Anybody has the appview theme ?