Topic: I heart is still having a vague problem- Cities.

I know Duane found a new feed and restored IheartRadio, and all that worked. Thanks!
It's still working for the stations I have been listening to.

I notice when I look by city I can get cities for
Lake Charles, LA, Lancaster, PA and Laurel, MS, but Las Vegas, NV never loads cities.

Not sure if that's a problem with something in the new feed or not, but I thought I'd just report it.
I was looking for a station in Las Vegas for streaming but I can't, at least by city.

Re: I heart is still having a vague problem- Cities.

I added one channel from the list on the news/talk category, AM570 The Answer in Washington DC. It does not play.
Not sure if that's a problem for other stations.

The old stations I had added as favorites still play.
That could be because they were added before, but if added now they might not play, or they have not changed.

Oops. Now Las Vegas loads cities. Hmm. I just wonder.
I heart did quit while I was scrolling stations a while ago, back to playing widgets. It didn't reboot like Pandora does, just quit.

Of course, iHeartMedia has just declared bankruptcy... https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/iheartm … uptcy.html

Yes, it's quite possible we'll lose them as a music source at some point.

In the meantime, there's very little we can do about the stations and/or feed acting weird.  The stuff we're displaying in the Control Panel comes from them and we really don't have any way to validate it.

Yeah, I knew that, I am just reporting it.

sweh wrote:

Of course, iHeartMedia has just declared bankruptcy... https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/iheartm … uptcy.html

iHeart Radio is one of their revenue centers so it won't be going away.  The chapter 11 filing has been in the works for years and doesn't affect operations.  This is all about Bain Capital and the rest of the vulture capital firms who drained iHeartMedia dry playing chicken with each other.