Topic: "Unable to download Control Panel" with v1.7.1526 unbricked Dash

Hi all,

I know many of you are running Chumby on your Sony Dash now. However, I preferred v1.7.1526 of the Sony Dash as I only really use it to display the time and the 5-day weather forecast. So a few months ago I unbricked my Dash back to v1.7.1526 and had been running it without any problems.

However, a couple days ago, I ran into a problem. Basically, whenever I boot up my Dash and install v1.7.1526 from a USB, I am able to view the Tour, successfully connect to my Wi-Fi, and enter the security question thing. However, at this point Dash becomes stuck at a screen that says "Network configuration, please wait." After it stays at this screen for a few minutes, it then goes to the "Unable to download Control Panel. Please restart your dash to try again."

So basically I am now unable to get my dash on either v1.7.1526 or v1.7.1604 because it is stuck on this screen. Has anyone else who has been using an unbricked v1.7.1526 Dash run into this problem recently?

Re: "Unable to download Control Panel" with v1.7.1526 unbricked Dash

Sony has unplugged the Dash. It is time to go ChumDash.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Your Dash cannot download the control panel from Sony because Sony turned off the servers. Your only choice is to stop using your Dash or go Chumby. Using your Dash the way you have been is no longer an option.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

Your Dash cannot download the control panel from Sony because Sony turned off the servers. Your only choice is to stop using your Dash or go Chumby. Using your Dash the way you have been is no longer an option.

Ah ok thank you.

You'll love it. Follow instructions and dash will be better than before.

demarks51 wrote:

I remain deeply appreciative of the work that Duane has done in fixing the Dash, and before that in resurrecting the Chumby.
However, it might be a stretch to say that the Dash will be better than before as the ChumDash doesn't do that one thing that the OP and I liked best: show the five day weather forecast.

steelpaw wrote:

ChumDash doesn't do that one thing that the OP and I liked best: show the five day weather forecast.

Funny, mine does. Looking at it now!

Mine too. At the top. On the left hand side. Calendar and time. Then *zap* there is the five day forecast for my area and some other areas I put in. Any questions?

steelpaw wrote:
demarks51 wrote:

the ChumDash doesn't do that one thing that the OP and I liked best: show the five day weather forecast.

and I re-loaded the AppView theme, and the AccuWeather 5-day forecast works just like it always did.

h ttps://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=56097#p56097

F

fmurch1 wrote:
steelpaw wrote:
demarks51 wrote:

the ChumDash doesn't do that one thing that the OP and I liked best: show the five day weather forecast.

and I re-loaded the AppView theme, and the AccuWeather 5-day forecast works just like it always did.

h ttps://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=56097#p56097

F

I really appreciate the link. I now have my Chumbified Dash displaying the time and 5-day forecast just as it was before Sony decided to brick it. Thank you!

hi all hope someone can help me.... due to have exact the same error that this thread refers to...

there´s a way to install manually control panel onto our dash? there are files referred to controlpanel:

forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9758

(chumbysphere forum → Sony dash → Sony Dash HID-C10 Original Firmware, Themes, and File Downloads)

Installing instructions about controlpanel.swf:

Replacing the Control Panel (Unstable behavior may occur)
Rename and replace controlpanel.swf in /psp

can someone could give a better explain on where is the /psp folder or how to use/install this downloable files (and which one is the better option)?, does this files could be used to avoid or solve this error??

last question, (in order to decide to move to chumby or not)... with chumby software installed on our dash device does Sony backlight led logo on the bottom on the device dies?? on that depends moving to chumby or remains mi dash as a simple desk clock

thanks in advance to the community