Topic: Widget/channel organization

I'm curious how people are organizing their widgets in different channels. Post how you have things setup I'm sure the dev team would be interested in that feedback as well.

I pretty much download ALL the widgets, give them a run, and delete them as needed from the Chumby unit itself.
I have a few of each type in the 'default' channel, and I have a separate channel for each category of widget, same as they're listed on the website. IE- animations, news, games, weird

Anyone have a better idea for organization? As it stands I have close to a dozen channels and changing the channels isn't the quickest thing (YET hopefully wink ) in the world. I'd like to trim it down to around 5 channels with larger groupings.

Let me know your ideas!

Re: Widget/channel organization

The average Chumby [user] has 3 channels and 11 widgets per channel.

/mdkail

I have several channels:
- Public (the one that displays on Facebook)
- Map (for the Yahoo map application)
- Chat (for the chat application)
- TX Weather (RSS feed listing severe weather message headers for Texas)
- Games (all the games are grouped here)
- Main (the channel I usually use- it has 52 widgets, including about 12 RSS feeds. Rotates through in about an hour)

- Rich

Dallas TX
Chumby1 Birthday 11/1/07

I have a "home" channel, an "away" channel, and a "wife" channel.  My "home" channel only has widgets that are okay for my kids (13 and 8) to see -- okay, I have Chuck Norris Facts on there too and it is occasionally questionable but sooooo funny.  The "wife" channel (actually in my wife's name) only has a few widgets that she wants to see -- pictures of the kids on (private) flickr, weather, news, clocks, word-of-the-day, traffic cam, panda cam.  My "away" channel is on my chumby at work and allows me to review new widgets in development -- it shows all manner of stuff :^O

"Home" and "wife" probably have about 12=15 widgets on them (several clocks dropped in so I generally know what time it is); "away" probably has close to 50 widgets (I need to clean it up a bit).

n5csu wrote:

I have several channels:
- Public (the one that displays on Facebook)

Your channel displays on facebook? Care to elaborate?

You can embed your "virtual chumby" right onto your Facebook page -- there's a link to it directly on the lower-right of your "my chumby" page, just look for the Facebook logo :^)