1 (edited by SeerWhoSees 2017-06-24 06:13:05)

Topic: How do I activate a Dash?

Duane wrote:

With the fix, you'll need to create a chumby account and activate using the "ovals" technique - it's just like a regular chumby.

I think I mentioned in another post that we'd blocked the Sony sites (using a hosts file on the device) to simulate a full shutdown and everything worked OK.  A factory reset basically clears any modifications in the "settings" partition (/psp), it does not restore the original firmware, so you should be OK.

I have to do an factory reset on the device before I can activate it using the "oval" techniques on the chumby site? I am so challenged with it comes to this kind of stuff.

I did the factory reset and now afraid to touch it.  Says "select region."  Can you advise Me in regard to how to activate it via chumby please?

Re: How do I activate a Dash?

SeerWhoSees wrote:

I have to do an factory reset on the device before I can activate it using the "oval" techniques on the chumby site?

no, you don't.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:
SeerWhoSees wrote:

I have to do an factory reset on the device before I can activate it using the "oval" techniques on the chumby site?

no, you don't.

I have already done the factory reset and now don't know how to register the device via chumby.   Its in "select region" mode.

SeerWhoSees wrote:
diamaunt wrote:
SeerWhoSees wrote:

no, you don't.

I have already done the factory reset and now don't know how to register the device via chumby.   Its in "select region" mode.

We haven't yet released the software to allow you to activate the device on the chumby site - we're still working on that.

In preparation for when we do release the software, you should try to get a USB flash drive with a capacity of 4GB or less.

Duane wrote:
SeerWhoSees wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

no, you don't.

We haven't yet released the software to allow you to activate the device on the chumby site - we're still working on that.

In preparation for when we do release the software, you should try to get a USB flash drive with a capacity of 4GB or less.

Okie Dokie.  Thanks.  Guess I can go past the "select region" option after the reset.

Thanks