1 (edited by infocastme 2013-12-17 17:51:43)

Topic: I Blame Duane for my new purchase! ;)

So unless you load a third party software update, you are unable to get your weather fix on the Chumby. So today I bought a Pebble watch. https://getpebble.com/

It integrates with my cell phone and I am able to get all the weather info I need at a glance. In fact it travels with me too!
Here are a few samples of many apps for weather on the watch.

pebble   or this   pebble2   Yes this is what the display looks like.

It will also display your texts and control your music.

Oh yeah, just like the Chumby, it can inform you of the time too.

Re: I Blame Duane for my new purchase! ;)

I had the predecessor of the Pebble, the "Inpulse" watch, the first version made by the same folks.  It had a color display.

I wrote a bunch of apps for it - one was an app that would take periodic screenshots of a Chumby One, scale and compress it, and send it over Bluetooth to the watch.

Sadly, they've taken down all of systems required to develop for the device (they had a server-based development system), so it's just electronic trash now.

Duane wrote:

... so it's just electronic trash now.

has anybody mentioned, lately, how much we collectively appreciate the time and money you're putting into keeping the chumbies from turning into electronic trash?

we do!

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:
Duane wrote:

... so it's just electronic trash now.

has anybody mentioned, lately, how much we collectively appreciate the time and money you're putting into keeping the chumbies from turning into electronic trash?

we do!

Here here! big_smile

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

... but nothing can ever replace the WeatherPixie in my heart.