Topic: What's with the pi symbol on chumby.com?

The thing I'm talking about is the pi symbol that's next to the terms of use, privacy policy, contact, and source code links. When I click it, it brings me to a page called "Administrative Login" with spots for the username and password. The odd thing is, the login is different in appearance to the old Chumby Industries login. What I want to know is what it's for. Testing the widget service? Just for editing the text on the main page? Accessing SSH, FBCGI, and browsing files?

Re: What's with the pi symbol on chumby.com?

Not sure about the login, mine's never had that. Here's the answer:
http://wiki.blueocty.com/index.php?titl … trol_Panel

Sorry! I'm talking about the link with the pi symbol on chumby.com . Not the Control panel. The last listing I made was kind of a joke.

It's the backdoor for the Praetorians :-)

That's a link that I use to get access to the Admin Console for the stub service.  Were you to successfully log in, the "pi" symbol would change to a link to the console.

From there I can see the list and types of devices using the system, etc.  On this site, there's actually only one account - mine. This system does not have the old user database on it.

The Chumby ecosystem has always had a lot of hidden (or not so hidden) references to computer-related movies - this one (and the corresponding one in the Control Panel) references "The Net".

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. You really are more clear with your answers than other CEOs.

nathanm wrote:

Sorry! I'm talking about the link with the pi symbol on chumby.com . Not the Control panel. The last listing I made was kind of a joke.

Oops. My bad.