1 (edited by smatofu 2013-05-02 05:49:43)

Topic: Easy way to skip multiple alarms

I would like the following sequence of alarms:
7:00am - Work, turn off Night Mode
7:30am - Work Alarm#1
7:45am - Work Alarm#2

Currently, all the above can be done. However, the problem is that the night before I can skip only 1st alarm in the sequence.

I would like a SIMPLE way to skip all work related alarms next day.

Another scenario: I wake up at 7:05am. I want an easy way to skip 7:30 and 7:45 alarms.

For example, a script that detects if the 1st (or 2nd) work alarm is skipped, then all subsequent alarms (with the same keyword) are skipped for the day as well.

Can it be done?

Thanks,
Stan

Re: Easy way to skip multiple alarms

Not with the current Chumby.

But I do something similiar on my Android Smartphone, using an application called "Tasker".

I wanted to see if there was something written in /psp to control this too see if it could be easily scripted.  The only thing I found was a file /psp/ifalarm which seemed to appear when I clicked "skip" for the next alarm.  It appears to record the "seconds" (date's %s format) of the next alarm to be skipped.  Strangely it isn't removed when you click "unskip".  I also didn't see any logging by running the control panel from the command line.

Maybe Duane can chime in with some more useful information that we can use to hack together a script.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Thanks.

If I knew how to read and create skips and alarms, then I could do something like this:

1. Schedule a script to run every 10 minutes to check for a manual skip
2. If there is a manual skip scheduled for alarm within 10 minutes, then create an automatic skip for all alarms within an hour.
3. Schedule a script to run every 10 minutes to check for an automatic skip.
4. If there is an automatic skip and alarm within the left skip time, skip it. Deduct 10 minutes from the left automatic skip.

1 hour is a hypothetical time.

This procedure would allow to skip all alarms within 1 hour by skipping a single one. The skipping would stop for alarms later than an hour.
Problem: knowledge how to read and create skips and alarms.

For the 3.5" devices, it's possible to modify the alarms file and cause the Control Panel to reload it.

See here, and look at the Alarm Player/reload event.

Combining that with this, you can probably do what you want.  An alarm ring screen runs with the security level of the Control Panel, so you can read/write/execute local files, etc using the ASnatives listed here.

Duane wrote:

For the 3.5" devices, it's possible to modify the alarms file and cause the Control Panel to reload it.

See here, and look at the Alarm Player/reload event.

Combining that with this, you can probably do what you want.  An alarm ring screen runs with the security level of the Control Panel, so you can read/write/execute local files, etc using the ASnatives listed here.

after a little experimenting, I managed to get the C8 to reload the file.

#!/bin/sh
echo '<event type="AlarmPlayer" value="reload" comment="/psp/alarms"/> // reload the alarms file' > /tmp/flashplayer.event
/usr/bin/chumbyflashplayer.x -F1 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
sleep 1
echo '<event type="AlarmPlayer" value="on" comment="2"/> // reload the alarms file' > /tmp/flashplayer.event
/usr/bin/chumbyflashplayer.x -F1 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

that makes it work on the c8.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.