Topic: Can offline widgets be used with the "stub" server?

I'm trying to avoid needing to get the Zurkware going on my Chumby.  Can I replace the stub server's clock widget with a couple of offline ones?

I'm guessing I'd need to SSH in and edit some configuration files.  If that's the case, which ones are they and what changes would need to be made?

Re: Can offline widgets be used with the "stub" server?

Xavion, if your concern about using zurk's package is that you won't be able to get updates/etc when the stub server expands in capability, keep in mind that since it's loaded onto a USB stick, all you'll have to do to revert is unplug and reboot (or better: power off, unplug, power on).

That, combined with keeping an eye on the forums here, should ensure you remain up to date and will know when the stub server starts offering additional functionality smile

My reason for wanting to avoid the Zurkware was to prevent needing to reconfigure everything.  I imagine I'd have to set-up the network connection to the router, plus add my custom radio streams and alarms all over again.

With that in mind, I'd still like to use offline widgets with the stub server if possible.  This gets me back to my original post: is this achievable and how would I go about it?  I'm hoping you can just answer this question directly :-).

Okay, I'm trying to get one of my widgets going under Zurkware.  I've put the parameters for it into a "lighty/html/xapis/profile/show3" file.  However, the widget doesn't seem to be picking them up when it runs under Zurkware.

Specifically, the "event.status" variable always gets set to 'false' and my widget fails.  Is there somewhere else that I should be putting the parameters?  Alternatively, how should I modify my code to suit this aspect of Zurkware?

Xavion, you might want to take a look at this thread:  http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=45876