1 (edited by WarnerYoung 2012-12-17 20:32:34)

Topic: Is my Chumby useless now?

I've been away for a few months, then moved recently.  When I turned my original Chumby back on at the new location, I entered all the WiFi details correctly, but after a while, it said it couldn't reach Chumby.com.  Does that mean I'm now stuck and can't use any of the widgets I had before?  I remember reading that the company was in trouble, and yet this website is still here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Is my Chumby useless now?

The servers are working, so whatever's wrong is either with the device or your network.

Can you try it on a different network?

I suppose the other question might be how long ago this problem happened. If it was about a month ago, but you have only recently found this site on which to post your question, then it's worth pointing out that there was a server issue towards the end of November that could have caused the symptoms you describe.
Try again now and see what happens.

You said you moved. I don't know how the original Chumby was made, but in the Chumby One it is possible the wifi module could have come loose in the move. Can someone let us know if this is possible in the original Chumby?

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Yes, it can happen in the original chumby.  The clue is if the MAC address shows all zeroes.