Topic: My chumby works... Sort of...

I don't use my chumby One that much, but I have it on my desk to look at and sometimes play music.

Today, I look over, and I see a black screen. I'm kinda annoyed by it because I know all of this crazy stuff with chumby being dead is going on, so I try turning it on.

It comes on! But I hear a weird buzz thing, and after a minute I realize I put a battery in my C1 a year or so ago, so I pull the battery out, because buzz + battery = not good.

It then flashes a colored screen, and black while plugged into power. And I think it's fried...

But alas, I plug the battery in without a power cable, and it works fine! Except that the battery only works for about an hour.

So, what can I do to fix the power cords ability to run the chumby? Is it the cord? an internal thing? I just want my chumby to work from a wall outlet again

Re: My chumby works... Sort of...

This is certainly bad power supply - the chumby itself is fine.

This power supply will apparently work as a replacement.  Otherwise, you can find some other 5VDC 2A power supply and replace the tip with the one from your current power supply.

Re: My chumby works... Sort of...

I need to figure out where I got it, but I ended up picking up some 5V 2A supplies on eBay that work as a C1/I3.5 drop-in replacement.  Once I track it down, I'll provide linkage.