Re: Chumbys stopped dead this mornng

Something apparently cleared the /psp partition - that would happen it you have gone into special option mode and selected "restore factory settings".  I don't know what Zurk's firmware does.

It also appears this device has been hacked to have a root password - again, that's not standard behavior.

You might want to restore the device to stock condition by reflashing the firmware - follow these instructions to download and install a factory image (Chumby One only!):

http://www.chumby.com/pages/latest_software#usbupdate

Thanks for the reply, Duane.   I should have mentioned that this unit is a 3.5 Infocast, which I know differs slightly from the chumby1 (no battery, etc).  Would the factory image you recommended brick my device?
Also, I did a "restore factory settings" from the special options screen, and was able to get SSH working, but after a subsequent restart, it asked for a password.  Also, one of my favorite widgets, "Clock and Temperature 1.10" now won't load (even after deleting and reloading -- it works fine on my other infocast).

I don't recall if the I3.5 can use the same firmware as the C1.

It should. I've used a firmware that was meant for the CHB on an I3.5; it worked perfectly.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get a chance.