1 (edited by robdam1001 2012-04-04 18:16:31)

Topic: What's new in the world of Chumby like internet devices?

Is the Chumby 8 even available for purchase?  Sony Dash?  Insignia?  What happened to all the products?  I owned (3) Chumby One's and now (3) Sony Dash's.  Love the Dash's but looking around to see if there is anything new and upgrade worthy.

Re: What's new in the world of Chumby like internet devices?

We stopped production of devices last year, and sold through the inventory, so there are no chumby-branded devices.

Sony did a line extension with the dash, which added a battery, but I don't know what their plans are with that product line.  We also made a version of our Android app for Sony's S1 tablet.

We released a TV with Insignia, and an app for LG TVs.  The Android app is still in Market, as well as Amazon's app store.

The NeTV device was licensed out to bunniestudios and is available on adafruit.

Great info Duane, thank you. Why has Chumby production stopped or ended?  Will we ever see another Chumby or Chumbylike device?

robdam1001 wrote:

Great info Duane, thank you. Why has Chumby production stopped or ended?  Will we ever see another Chumby or Chumbylike device?

Chumby no more: employees at Technicolor, technology waiting to be sold

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/20/29630 … ology-sold

@peteo- I just replied to this post where you had it on another thread. The gist of it was, this article's just based on some comments by the former CEO, who's the last person I'd believe about anything regarding Chumby.