Topic: Broken Chumby, support aren't responding

Hi

I sent a support request email via the webform on the 18th and a followup on the 23rd. For some reason I haven't heard back (apart from the auto replies that say to expect a response within one business day).

Was there something wrong with my query? Or did it get lost ? Or are you just overwhelmed just now?

Thanks

Colin

Re: Broken Chumby, support aren't responding

It might have gotten lost, since the support system changed around that time.

Please try emailing to support@chumby.com

I have forwarded my query to support@chumby.com

LTK495087103516X Was the ticket number assigned originally.

I've still not heard anything back from support.

Keen to get my Chumby back to life!

Despite numerous attempts, support still haven't got back to me.
Can you tell me what is going on?

I'm trying to get the situation resolved with Support through management - it's not my area.

Thanks for trying to pursue.

Are there current known issues with your support just now?

Hopefully I'll hear from them soon....

Yes, I think it's pretty clear at this point that there are issues.  I'll post when I know more.

Having the same problem...
Received automated email that ticket LTK495090751588X has been opened on Jan 22.
Later forwarded this info to support@chumby.com on Jan 31st.

Still have not heard anything.

I'm having the same non-response issue.  I emailed on Jan 31 and was told to expect a response to Ticket# LTK4950102669458X.   Nada, zip, zilch.   Very upsetting because I believe that my Chumby is still under warranty and I can't get anyone to respond.

Thanks to a thread in the software section, I have managed to replace the microSD card in my Chumby and get it going again!

However, I never did hear from support, so I guess I have to consider my Chumby is living on borrowed time to some extent.

Duane, did you ever find out what's going on in your support department? Or what direction Chumby Industries is taking as a whole? Are you exiting the hardware business and letting others take this on in partnership with you (e.g Bestbuy , Sony)?

If so, does the company have a statement or can you tell us, what level of  support there will be for existing devices (or plans for this)? None, very limited (best effort) or soon to be restored.

Sorry to land you with all the questions but you seem to be our only conduit to Chumby Industries thoughts.

simpfeld wrote:

Or what direction Chumby Industries is taking as a whole? Are you exiting the hardware business and letting others take this on in partnership with you (e.g Bestbuy , Sony)?

Somewhere else in these forums, comparatively recently, Duane does mention that it was always Chumby Industries' intention to exit the manufacturing and sales part of the business, once the product had gained sufficient inroads with other partners. This was in response to a question about why the Chumby online shop had disappeared (no stock + no plans to manufacture more = no shop).