Topic: chumby 8 awaiting activation...

I tried searching for this but right now the forum search feature does not return any results.

I have a Chumby 8, during the activation process the chumby hangs at the 'awaiting activation... Please Wait...' screen.

The device ID shows up on the website during activation, the website shows 'congratulations' on a registered chumby, the new chumby shows up as a device on the web page, but the chumby itself stays on the awaiting activation screen.

I've tried pluggin in the device id and still no luck.

I've rebooted the chumby after the confirmation but the chumby itself starts over at the new chumby page.

I have even tried the same procedure on a different network.

any ideas?

Thanks

Re: chumby 8 awaiting activation...

Alien_scones,

Come see us in support with your device ID, I should be able to help you get this up and running.
http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

-chumbyross

Was there ever a solution for this?  I just got a Chumby 8 and it seems to have the same problem.

Come see us in support. This is happening with a few of the chumby 8 units. We just need some information from the device in order to help get it activated.

5 (edited by rleww 2011-12-29 22:32:27)

Please HELP.  I am also having activation issue. The device ID shows up on the website during activation, the website shows 'congratulations' on a registered chumby, the new chumby shows up as a device on the web page, but the chumby itself stays on the awaiting activation screen.  I have email chumby support on Dec. 17 with no reply from Chumby.  My Ticket code is LTK495054527946X (from Chumby support).  What information do you need from the Chumby 8 in order to help get it activated?

Please advise what to do next?  I hate to return my Chumby 8.

While you are waiting for support, try this:  create a new chumby account and try to activate it under your new account.  That worked for me.

alien_scones, Thank You!  I was able to activate my new Chumby 8 with a new account.  I hope they get it fix soon so I can have all my chumby under one account.  I think their support needs a lot of help. Thanks again for your advise.