Topic: Need help creating access point: Failed to set interface wlan0 to...

I'm trying to set up my Chumby as a wireless access point. I used the info in this post: http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/stand-alone_wifi_ap_and_ssh

With a stock Chumby, it works great. However, with a Chumby running Falconwing Software version 1.0.7, build 1.0.3454, which I built myself, I can't get wlan0 to go into master mode. When I run hostapd, I get this error:

Configuration file: hostapd.conf                                                               
ctrl_interface_group=0                                                                         
Failed to set interface wlan0 to master mode.                                                   
nl80211 driver initialization failed.                                                           
wlan0: Unable to setup interface.                                                               
ELOOP: remaining socket: sock=5 eloop_data=0x1276d8 user_data=(nil) handler=0x51484   

Here is my hostpad.conf file:

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-0
logger_stdout_level=2
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=chum5
country_code=US
hw_mode=g
channel=11
beacon_int=100
#dtim_period=2
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eap_server=0
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1

Does anyone know what might wrong?

Thanks,
Osman

Re: Need help creating access point: Failed to set interface wlan0 to...

I think I solved my problem. After I ran depmod -a, the hostapd error went away. Before running depmod, mount the root partition as rw with this command: mount -oremount,rw /