Topic: Getting python on chumby as per...

http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php/Python

I can read and download the instructions, the thing I haven't been able to grasp is the very bottom:

"Just unpack onto a USB drive, add your python code and a "debugchumby" script, and you can write your own python applications for your chumby! "

Does this mean I have to mount a usb drive and run all of this from there?  I also saw somewhere not all usb drives are supported by chumby.  I ask this cause ideally I want to use python running on a chumby to read and "serve" arduino data.  But with only one USB the arduino and the USB drive cannot be mounted at the same time... this is where the confusion lies.

(I would suspect I could just get it on the USB stick then ssh into the chumby and copy it over from somewhere)  I am still researching this...

Re: Getting python on chumby as per...

In the case of the Chumby One, you could copy the python and your scripts to /mnt/storage.

Or you can get a USB hub.

ahh is the /mnt/storage located on the chumby?   sorry if stupid question and a USB hub not a bad idea (Was going for minimalist).  I dunno if mine is a chumby one its the best buy Insignia 3.5" which I know the guts are chumby

The Insignia 3.5" is very similar to the Chumby One, so yes it has /mnt/storage.

Both devices use an microSD card for all of their firmware - typically 1GB, though a small number of Chumby One devices had 2GB cards.  The portion not used by other things is mounted as /mnt/storage.