Topic: X10 interfacing via mochad

If you are interested in interfacing X10 home automation devices with Chumby,
see the following link. mochad is an X10 to TCP gateway for CM19A and CM15A
X10 controllers.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mochad/files

The chumby directory contains mochad compiled for Chumby.

The zip file includes sample command line applications using mochad.

alarm.sh    -- Make Chumby react to motion and light using an X10 wireless
                motion and light sensor.

radio.sh    -- Use an X10 wireless remote to control Chumby's radio.

mmauka

2 (edited by pete_c 2011-03-12 05:40:45)

Re: X10 interfacing via mochad

Very nice.  I am currently using some X10 today having started to play with X10 in the late 1970's.

I've been playing with some other chumby related to HA status and input widgets.

1 - Damage has written a TS widget called "Panel builder".  It using XPL as a transport mechanism.  The application also utilizes a LAMP server.  The "Touch Panel" application allows you to build custom multiple touch screens and provides both input and status to any networked XPL transport.  Its very flexible. You can send TTS over to the Chumby and control the Chumby HW with the widget in addition to the input/output stuff.
Have a look here:

PunBB bbcode Panel Builder

Panel Builder

2 - Beta testing another HA TS widget; but this is a propietary widget which works with some HA software called "Homeseer".  It'll allow for HA device status, control, etc (music, security cams etc).  This one is still beta and hasn't been released yet.

PunBB bbcode iTouchHome-1

PunBB bbcode iTouchHome-2

PunBB bbcode iTouchHome-3

Pete,

I am just getting started on Flash development using mtasc so Panel Builder looks like a real time saver. I am not clear how all this (xpl,php,etc) works but will take a look.

Homeseer looks like a great pro system. The screenshots are very impressive. If (when?) I get tired of going the DIY route, I will give HS a try.

Thanks,
mmauka

4 (edited by pete_c 2011-03-12 19:59:35)

mmauka,

XPL is a home automation transport.  It's written for the HA DIY'er.  You can control X10 and other powerline protocols with it. 

Check out the the link above and

XPL Project

XPL Monkey

For some general Home Automation stuff check out:

Cocootech

Here's another HA TS created with flash.

PunBB bbcode Flash HA