Topic: Chumby as a study aid (easy Flash based flashcards!)

I just ran across this software for making flash cards
http://www.respondus.com/products/studymate.shtml

While the software generates "flash" output, I realize that they probably dont make "flash lite".
But it would be great to see such a user-friendly authoring tool for chumby-study.

I can see parents buying Chumbies as a study aid for their K-12 aged kids.

Someone at Chumby Industries should get in touch with these guys.

StudyMate lets you create ten Flash-based activities and games using four simple templates. The Flash activities can be used with any web server or published directly to a Blackboard, WebCT, or ANGEL course. StudyMate will import items from MS Word files and publisher test banks, making it easy to create interesting, interactive activities from existing content. Best of all, you don’t have to know Flash programming or HTML to use StudyMate.

The Flash activities shown are created with StudyMate.

Fact Cards (one side)
Flash Cards (two sides)
Pick a Letter (multichoice)
Fill In The Blank (hangman style)
Matching
Crosswords
Quiz
Challenge (aka jeapordy)
Glossary

Re: Chumby as a study aid (easy Flash based flashcards!)

Well, Flash Lite 2 is basically Flash 7, and Flash Lite 3 is basically Flash 8.

If you publish a Flash Lite 2 movie and then check what version it is, it will be Flash 7.

Flash Lite mainly refers to the player, not so much the file format, although Flash Lite offers some mobile-specific functionality not available to regular Flash.

The product you linked to appears to generate Flash 7 movies, so chances are they'd work, at least on the production chumby devices.

Re: Chumby as a study aid (easy Flash based flashcards!)

This would come in hand! I am going into 7th grade (I am 13) and I would use this daily! It is another reason for my parents to let me buy the chumby! They should have some more educational ideas like this!

mmm....chumby...