1 (edited by demarks51 2012-06-15 07:42:06)

Topic: Last night was weird! Chumby seemed to freak! Thursday June 14th.

I was just spending some time with ole Chumby last night before I went to bed for the night and he just sort went off like he had a stroke or something. I was looking for the weather and it just wouldn't connect to the server. Then I tried to go back to the regular console and it said I needed to activate my chumby. I turned it off and it was taking a very long time to load the dashboard. SO I shut him down and put Zurk's FW to work and got some action but it was not very good overall. I went and checked my router and everything seemed okay. I unpluged and restarted the router and restarted Chumby and it took a while for the dashboard to load but it did load and everything seemed like it was progressing and then it freaked again and showed I needed to activate him again. Didn't do that because I had shut down the laptop for the night. Went along a little bit and then everything went back to normal. I thought at first the apocalype that was foretold had happened but I guess I was wrong because Chumby seems to be his ole self this morning. Has he been taking a bit too much to drink lately? This is all true and not a made-up story. Just wondering what happened last night.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: Last night was weird! Chumby seemed to freak! Thursday June 14th.

There was a power outage issue with Amazon us-east-1 last night, which is where the Chumby service is hosted.

See this page and open the section for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (N. Virginia)

Re: Last night was weird! Chumby seemed to freak! Thursday June 14th.

Thanks for the info. It was strange behavior.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.