Topic: Is MyStreams part of the control panel or a seperate widget?

In another thread I'm trying to figure out how to start playlists via command line and am getting nowhere. My latest attempt was to pass commands directly to the control panel via the flashplayer.event file. Does anyone (Duane?) know if the music related commands via this method are just getting passed back to btplay or are they going through the MyStreams or My Music portion of the control panel?

The reason I ask is supposedly My Streams supports M3U files (though I can't even get this to work by editing the /psp/url_streams file anyway) and I know it works with .PLS files but can't seem to get this working via command line.

The funny thing is that this is a feature I don't even really need but now that I've started its pissing me off enough that I want to figure it out smile

Re: Is MyStreams part of the control panel or a seperate widget?

UserPlayer only takes a path to a stream, not a playlist.

Internally, UserPlayer is just another "music source" - it just does not show up in the list on the "music" screen, since it has no UI.  There's another internal music source called "AlarmPlayer", which is used by alarms.

The reason these are "music sources" is so they can be properly managed by the Control Panel for when alarms go off, or the music timer, putting up the "stop" buttons, etc.  Using btplayer out-of-band means that the Control Panel is entirely ignorant of what's going on, so some things might not work right.