1 (edited by bobsz 2012-04-26 20:55:23)

Topic: Question/problem- offline firmware v9

Since I've started using the latest v9 on a Chumby 1, it shuts down after about 48 hours. I get black screen, can't open control panel. This Chumby ran well w previous versions of the firmware, granted simpler versions. I've tried 3 USB sticks, same thing. When the screen goes dark, the light on USB is still on, but no flicker indicating activity. When I re-boot it, it comes back fine. Anybody seen this, or have any ideas what may be going on? Thanks.

2 (edited by zurk 2012-04-26 21:36:18)

Re: Question/problem- offline firmware v9

hmm...nope. not seen that.
have you looked at http://your_chumby_ip_address ?
does top show the machine is still running ? is the flashplayer running ?

also FYI v10 is out which you might want to download before trying. it has a few network fixes.

first try changing your brightness level in light and dark mode and removing the auto night mode alarms.
that should eliminate the possibility of your dark level set too low. also when it appears locked up try touching the bottom of the screen and see if that lights it up. other thing if you have modified any widgets could be your memory is running out. doubtful cuz i have an original chumby1 running v9 for about 2 weeks now and just upgraded to v10.