1 (edited by bobsz 2012-03-03 23:54:05)

Topic: Can't download my control panel. Thoughts? Help?

I unplugged my C8 a couple of hours ago, and haven't been able to get my control panel to download again. The Chumby turns on with it's bubbles and all, then goes to the "downloading control panel" screen. But it doesn't come. Eventually I get a screen "Control Panel download unsuccessful. Please turn the device off and then back on to retry the update." I keep trying, but no good.

Is this hangup because there really is an update, or something wrong with the servers? My other Chumbies are maintaining their connections, though I'm afraid to unplug them to see if they reboot ok.

Help?

2 (edited by zurk 2012-03-04 00:19:28)

Re: Can't download my control panel. Thoughts? Help?

chumby servers have failed. company may not have cash to keep em operating. sony has taken its servers and left so the dash should be ok.
c1s, c8s and insignias may be toast.
hope that chumby can keep operating for a few more weeks. my novo 7 elf isnt here yet.

3 (edited by prdfy 2012-03-04 06:18:03)

Mine is still working.  Insignia 8/Chumby 8.  My alarm went off at the normal time today at 12:30 am.  I also did a reboot and it connected fine,  My CP is 5.0.35

I hope they are still working on the firmware update that will let the chumby devices work in offline mode.

looks like they got fixed. time to replace both my chumbys i think. wouldve huge problems if today wasnt a holiday.

I had the same problem last night... after unplugging and plugging in a Chumby (classic) that had been working,  it was hung at the same state on the download of the control panel.  The problem continued for several hours, but it is ok now.