Topic: error in the building of the openembedded in ubuntu 10.04

Hello guys

I am using the ubuntu 10.04 lucid linux for the developement of my embedded project .

I want to build the rootfs image for my embedded board of ARM processor and for that purpose I am using the openembedded and the bitbake , and for that I have followed the following link  as reference:

http://bill.station51.net/index.php?pos … enEmbedded

I have setup all the things exactly as it is statd in this blog , and also have set the path accordingly , but when I run the command I ran into errors after few minutes as follows:

libtool: link: gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -Wl,-rpath-link -Wl,/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-O1 -o ar arparse.o arlex.o ar.o not-ranlib.o arsup.o rename.o binemul.o emul_vanilla.o bucomm.o version.o filemode.o  -L/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib ../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
| libtool: link: gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -Wl,-rpath-link -Wl,/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-O1 -o ld-new ldgram.o ldlex.o lexsup.o ldlang.o mri.o ldctor.o ldmain.o ldwrite.o ldexp.o ldemul.o ldver.o ldmisc.o ldfile.o ldcref.o earmelf_linux_eabi.o earmelfb_linux_eabi.o  -L/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/lib ../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
| arlex.o: In function `main':
| arlex.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `main'
| ar.o:ar.c:(.text+0x1190): first defined here
| arparse.o: In function `yyerror':
| arparse.c:(.text+0x9): undefined reference to `linenumber'
| arparse.o: In function `yyparse':
| arparse.c:(.text+0x42d): undefined reference to `yylex'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| ar.o: In function `main':
| ar.c:(.text+0x1190): multiple definition of `main'
| arlex.o:arlex.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here
| arparse.o: In function `yyerror':
| arparse.c:(.text+0x9): undefined reference to `linenumber'
| arparse.o: In function `yyparse':
| arparse.c:(.text+0x42d): undefined reference to `yylex'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| make[4]: *** [ranlib] Error 1
| make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
| make[4]: *** [ar] Error 1
| make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross-2.18.50.0.7-r6/binutils-2.18.50.0.7/build.i686-linux.arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils'
| make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross-2.18.50.0.7-r6/binutils-2.18.50.0.7/build.i686-linux.arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils'
| make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
| make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/piyush/work/oe/build/tmp/work/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils-cross-2.18.50.0.7-r6/binutils-2.18.50.0.7/build.i686-linux.arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/binutils'
| make[1]: *** [all-binutils] Error 2

So I want to know how what is this error all about and how to rectify it.

also I want to tell that I have properly set and installed all the necessary packages required by the openembedded.

So please help me guys.

Re: error in the building of the openembedded in ubuntu 10.04

This board is for specific development of software for the Chumby platform, not a general forum for embedded development.

ok I agree but the problem I think is platform independent, and may be you guys might have faced this problem in the chuby platform.

So I asked this question, if anyone of you have any idea of it , please share it with me.

Thank you

piyushpandey wrote:

ok I agree but the problem I think is platform independent, and may be you guys might have faced this problem in the chuby platform.

So I asked this question, if anyone of you have any idea of it , please share it with me.

Thank you

If this were the embeddedsphere.com forums, your comments seem appropriate.