Topic: List of widgets

Is there a way to list widgets via cgi script? 

Once a widget name is known, is there a way to force that widget to load and "stay" via cgi script?

I see the channel_names file in /tmp and was hoping there would be the widget_names file there too.

I saw a very early attempt at listing widgets via script, but it was loading them from /mnt/usb/widgets/*.swf

I currently have remote / cgi control using Homeseer home automation software for these discrete actions:

Chumby Alarm 1 OFF 
   Chumby Alarm 1 ON 
   Chumby Alarm 1 SNOOZE 
   Chumby Alarm 1 STOP 
   Chumby Display DARK 
   Chumby Display DIM 
   Chumby Mute OFF 
   Chumby Mute ON 
   Chumby next Widget 
   Chumby Night Mode OFF 
   Chumby Night Mode ON 
   Chumby prev Widget 
   Chumby Reboot

Since Homeseer has voice control options, I can talk "to chumby" and have it response (via Homeseer).

Kind of cool to say "Chumby, next Widget please" and it skips to the next widget.  Particularly nice if you're across the room.

If the phone rings, chumby can auto-mute, and after the call, auto un-mute.   At "bedtime", it can go to night mode and set the alarm to on - in case _someone_ turned it off during the day... wink

Re: List of widgets

Ok, I've added FM Radio remote control smile

Ok, as a compromise, how do I find the name of all the widgets in a given channel from my chumby.com profile?  I could scrape that data on demand (like after I push something new or change the lineup / order) with a web site screen grab.

I'd much rather get it from the chumby.

I'll see if I can add that to the C1 Control Panel.

That would be awesome.  Right next to the channels xml file?  Something like:

channel_name_widgets.xml

That way, we can pick the channel name, append _widgets.xml, check if file exists, and open it.

Just an idea.  Thanks!