Topic: Chumby8 still once and a while losing wireless connection

Hi..InfoCast running as a Chumby8

Ctrl Panel 5.0.29

My Chumby 8 seems to lose its wireless connection sometimes, usually after an alarm goes off.

The difference between this and the previous errors for wireless that were fixec in 5.0.29, is that the Chumby
goes through its 'use current connection', asks about ip stuff, etc.

When it gets an address, the screen GOES BLACK  (Not off, I see it is light), and sits forever.  A Powercycle fixes it.

This has happenned to me 2 times this week.

Anyone else?

Re: Chumby8 still once and a while losing wireless connection

philhu,
  I have been able to reproduce this on a chumby 8 as well, so I think it could be a control panel based issue, but we are still looking into it. I'll update this post whenever I have more information for you.

-chumbyross

Another thing related to this.....

I know the software in a Chumby 8 and Infocast does not have a backup alarm.

But, I swear, if I turn off my alarm too quickly, like in 10 seconds or less, 5 minutes later, the backup alarm goes off and there is no way to stop it, no GUI comes up .  The only way to stop is to power cycle

Any word on these issues?

5.0.29 is getting a little long in the tooth. 

Any fixes?

philhu,
   Your current control panel should be 5.0.30.  If you are still running .29, make sure you have power cycled your chumby 8. Let us know with the new version of the control panel if you are still having the same issues.

-chumbyross

PS Are you running the most recent software (1.8.2) and firmware (1.8.3883) that was updated along with the control panel?

Actually on an Insignia here

So not sure how the firmware upg gets loaded

phihu,
   I apologize, I had forgotten that you were running the Infocast with the chumby 8 control panel.  I do not think this re connection issue has been fixed in .30, but we do have a bug in for it and it is being worked on.

-chumbyross