Topic: Mount remote folder over SSHFS?

Hi, I have a media server with a bunch of audio files that I mount on my other computers using various SSHFS tools. There's one for Linux that I've used (FUSE something I think) - can I use this on Chumby and have it act like a very large flash drive where it can play music off of?

Re: Mount remote folder over SSHFS?

Yes, it worked on my Insignia 8". The kernel already has FUSE enabled. The only thing you need is to build fuse and sshfs.

It would seem that I've never actually built anything for the stock OS, just tinkered with Openembedded on my other Chumby sad Can you point me to help on how to build? I only had write access to psp and that ran out of space quickly. Do I need to keep a flash drive always plugged in??

To build it on Chumby with a native compiler, you probably need a few megabytes of free space. It's ok to use a USB stick. Or you can cross compile it from a Linux desktop, or use Scratchbox.

Once compiled, the size of executable will be ~50KB. You can copy it to psp and no USB stick is required to run it.

If it's a c1, you can mount the main roofs read/write.  Also, /mnt/storage should hold the rest of your flash card that's not the OS, it typically has a lot of room for small stuff like filesystems.

Make it read-write:

mount -o remount,rw /

Make it read-only again:

mount -o remount,ro /
Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

I don't have a c1, so that didn't work. I've just been working on a USB drive now.

I got the following:

checking for SSHFS... configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SSHFS_CFLAGS
and SSHFS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I've tried to set those environment variables, but it still gives me the message as if it doesn't see them. Fuse is already installed on /psp. How did you get sshfs to build?