Topic: Infocast 8 OEM image

Last night I swapped out my OEM sdcard with another sdcard in which I had installed an Openembedded image on. The Openembedded sdcard boots up fine but when I later replaced the original sdcard it would no longer boot. I'm not sure what happened. Unlike the Openembedded sdcard, I can't even mount the OEM card using my Linux box.     

I've tried to reinstall using the thumbdrive method but I can't get that to work on either the OEM or Openembedded sdcards.   

Is there anyway to obtain or rebuild the default OEM image?

Thanks.

Re: Infocast 8 OEM image

Chris,

What do you have running on the openembedded image?

So you are saying you do not see 4 partitions on the original microSD card?

Pete,

I have the rom-chumby-silvermoon-chumby-starter-image.img working. The OEM SDcard reports the size as 32M with only one partition.

Thanks.

I'm guessing its a generic img one for all Infocast 8's.

A question for the moderators.

Is there an issue with posting an image or similiar to an Infocast 8?

Does the image have any unique information relating to a specfic Chumby?  (mac and serial?)

The images for Infocast 8" are all the same - there is nothing tied to a specific device.

I don't think a third party can legally distribute an image due to various license restrictions - I'll see if I can get one officially posted.

Thanks Duane. 

I imaged mine before even turning it on the first time.

Thanks Pete and Duane.

I imaged mine as well but it only imaged 32M.

I (gently) used a screwdriver to help slide the lock back when I removed the card.  The screw driver was slightly magnetized and I thought that might have been the problem but info off the net indicated that this would not damage an sdcard. So I'm not sure what happened.

8 (edited by chrispk 2011-05-05 15:52:48)

I got an image from Insignia support over on the Insignia forum. link

Good News there Chris.