Topic: Python BitTorrent client help

Alright so I'm a new Chumby One owner, and I'm trying to set up a BitTorrent client on it for remote downloads. I know there used to be chumbytorrent, but that's since been removed. Another user (voodooman) made reference a couple times to using a python BitTorrent client to great success, but he never mentioned the name of the client, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Does anyone know of a suitable python based BitTorrent client that works well on the Chumby?

Also a separate, though related, question, how exactly do you install python programs on the Chumby? I tried the usual "python setup.py install" but that doesn't seem to work properly. I'm not sure if it was the package that I tried, or Chumby's python, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Python BitTorrent client help

You need to manually install Python onto your Chumby: http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=220

Re: Python BitTorrent client help

Yeah, I already installed it via the binary posted at that link. Python itself seems to work well enough, I can get into the python prompt, and it spits out version numbers and such. I just can't figure out how to install extra programs, and I can't even find a suitable python BitTorrent client that would work. Thanks for the quick reply though.