Topic: Loosing wireless connection

It seems all too frequently, I loose the wireless connection from Chumby. I can see the signal strength from the Control Panel, IP address (etc.) from Chumby Info, but cannot access it from SSH or HTTP. To take care of this, I have to reconnect through the existing connection. I have tried this on two different wireless networks. Any help on this?

Re: Loosing wireless connection

Hi Thomas, did you ever figure this issue out?  If not shoot us an email or live chat so we can help you out.  http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

I did not figure it out yet. However, I have gone out of town on business twice in the past month. I will try to keep my eye on it while in town. Today I have seen the connection drop twice, but saw the laptop lost it as well. I was able to reconnect with the laptop, but some times not with the Chumby. I moved the Chumby to see if it makes any difference. However, if anyone has similar problems or any suggestions, it would be good to hear from anyone.

Yeah, I noticed some things with SSH and the web server a couple of weeks back. The problems I was seeing last week were more than likely problems with the server. However, I did not know what was going on at the time. Some of the times, I was seeing that my Chumby was needing activation. Since last week, I have the Chumby about 30 feet from and in line of sight to the wireless router. It does not get moved around.

As it turns out, we have been having problems with wireless routers. However, I have seen cases where it is not connected, I try to reconnect, and it does! So, it seems auto-reconnect may not always work???