1 (edited by pmcelreavy 2010-11-29 07:36:00)

Topic: Music - Squeezebox Server configuration issue

When configuring the Squeezebox Server music player in the Chumby control panel you can only enter the IP of the server.
In my case, my port is not the standard 9000 so I would need to configure the port to something else. I do not want to change the port on my server itself because I have other stuff running on port 9000.

Does anybody know how to change the Squeezebox Server connection port on the Chumby?

Re: Music - Squeezebox Server configuration issue

pmcelreavy wrote:

When configuring the Squeezebox Server music player in the Chumby control panel you can only enter the IP of the server.
In my case, my port is not the standard 9000 so I would need to configure the port to something else. I do not want to change the port on my server itself because I have other stuff running on port 9000.

Does anybody know how to change the Squeezebox Server connection port on the Chumby?

Unfortunately the default port number is hard coded. Changing the default port number on the device is not currently supported. We will look into releasing a Beta with support for this.

That would be awesome! Thanks!

I would be interested in this beta too.
Thank you.

pmcelreavy wrote:

When configuring the Squeezebox Server music player in the Chumby control panel you can only enter the IP of the server......

support for entering a hostname or domain name would be helpful as well

Brian, #1 Joan Jett Fan

Hello,
My Squeezebox server runs on a NAS from QNAP. The port for this connection is 9001. It would be greate to make it easy to change the port.
I tested the actual BETA and found no sulution.
Did you implement it?
Thanks.

Other question:
Is it possible to buy the Insignia in europa?

Hi,
You could always try the approach I took, it works just fine:
Add a secondary IP address to your server and then create a firewall rule to DNAT  secondaryIP:9000 to secondaryIP:80. Then when you direct HTTP towards port 80 on the secondary address it will be translated to the port on which the squeezebox server is running.

Sweet.