Topic: Video Out

I hooked this up to a TV monitor using a 3.5 mm to Video/AudioL/R cables.

There is some kind of signal on the video out but it is not displaying.

I've gone through the adafruit hacking examples without problems, except for expected issues with wlan0 and a mvix usb.   The board and OS seem fine.

Is there anything I must do to enable this or change some configuration?

Thanks

Re: Video Out

Not all video cables have the same color mapping.  You might need to plug the red or the white cable in to the video port on the TV.

We decided to go with the Zune's mapping for video cables.

The red plug is showing something on the upper 15% of the screen.    Looks like 4 rows of white chains on a light blue background.

That it is a start.

imgtool, the program that draws things to the framebuffer, isn't resolution-aware I'm afraid.  So it's drawing to /dev/fb0 as if it were a 320x240x16 screen!  In reality, it's a 720x480x16 screen.  You should be able to get pretty rainbow output by running:

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb0

You can try running the flash player at 720x480 by running something like:

chumbyflashplayer.x -x 720 -y 480 -i /usr/widgets/alt_opening.swf

From then on, any framebuffer code should work, as long as you tell it to draw in 720x480 mode.  Otherwise it'll probably switch back to the internal LCD, which at the moment doesn't exist.

Thanks a lot!

Everything looks good.

I've set up a ext3 formatted usb drive as an overlay and I'm hacking away.

Very nice.

FWIW it doesn't seem to work with a Nokia CA-75U cable. Both the Yellow and Red connectors show the chumby logo in a field of white snow.

Double check that your cable is completely seated. Using the cable from AdaFruit I was getting snow until I inserted the cable more firmly than the power cable.

I had the qt browser working a few days ago and now I can't get the framebuffer to stop reverting back to the default lcd settings.

I am at a loss how I got it to work before.

It is posted on the wiki here.

Any ideas?

andyx wrote:

I had the qt browser working a few days ago and now I can't get the framebuffer to stop reverting back to the default lcd settings.
Any ideas?

What do you mean by "revert"?  Did you get one of the flashplayer things above displaying properly, killed it and THEN tried running the QtWKBrowser?

Or does it seem to change back to the LCD when you run the browser (and if you rerun the flashplayer while the browser is running, does it go out the video again?)

I can run the flashplayer with the -x and -y arguments and everything looks great.  I kill that and...

If I try the QtWKBrowser only a part of the video out shows and if I kill that and...

run the flashplayer again it works fine again.

Do the video settings variables set in the shell affect these?

hello yesterday I am received hacker board then plug the power 5vdc

but I can not see  any image on my tv change tv system PAL to NTSC but no any image on tv screen

when the board is on tv screen changed but no image or linux prompt I am check video cable  traying another tv
but no image is only showing broken signal on tv

can you help me

I think problem is  wrong pin  video

Generally this type socket first contact pin is  GND but this first contact is Video

I checked schematic Av connector first contact pin  is video out not GND so exchanhe these pins connections

look this link

http://anythingbutipod.com/2006/04/zen- … m-pinouts/

to night try this

regars

13 (edited by ekrem 2010-10-17 23:16:20)

ekrem wrote:

I think problem is  wrong pin  video

Generally this type socket first contact pin is  GND but this first contact is Video

I checked schematic Av connector first contact pin  is video out not GND so exchanhe these pins connections

look this link

http://anythingbutipod.com/2006/04/zen- … m-pinouts/

to night try this

regars

I have a few solving problem displaying the some image whit blue background  on top of the tv screen
but not displaying clearly any image

how I can solving this problem

14 (edited by tz 2010-10-18 07:39:42)

You need to enable something that uses the framebuffer.

Try:

chumbyflashplayer.x -x 720 -y 480 -i /usr/widgets/alt_opening.swf

You have video, but by default the hacker board doesn't send anything out to the framebuffer - console or X.  If you install Fedora, it can drive X, or use the flashplayer, or just writing to /dev/fb0 works.

This is mentioned in the 4th post for this topic:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=31045#p31045

15 (edited by ekrem 2010-10-18 23:09:56)

Tz many thanks to you for your helps

and sory for same question of this subject

regards

Just to bring back this topic to the top of the list.