1 (edited by jerryn 2010-02-21 13:06:18)

Topic: Widget to populate Music/Mystreams + Animated police scanner

Interesting.. I used the chumby to tune to a police / fire  scanner stream on the net provided by scanamerica.

I would like to write widgets that would populate the Music/my stream entries and start the stream.  This way there can be widgets
created for whatever region you wish.    I read all the examples posted. I figured since the control panel app must write to a datafile, is there an example on how to update the datafile and start the stream ???

I figured the scanner animation would be easy.  I would display the frequencies used and a scanbar scolling across an animated scanner.. and pause when audio is playing.

Re: Widget to populate Music/Mystreams + Animated police scanner

Do you mean something like this?
http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index. … trol_Panel

Is there a doc describing how to write the xml to the /tmp/flashplayer.event file ?

I don't really know any flash yet, so I don't know the command for a file output.

But if you can use the shell with a flash command, you could something like this:
echo 'XML-CODE' > /tmp/flash...

echo is used for output of text
'XML-CODE' is the text, use the ' ' (single quotes, double quotes are used in the XML part)
> will redirect the output to /tmp/flash...
this will redirect the xml part into the file.

after that you would have to call the chumbyflashplayer as mentioned in the wiki, to load the new command.

Just did some search on google and found this:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0_de/ … 01177.html

Didn't read the full text, but perhaps it can do it.
Something like
fscommand("exec", "echo 'XML-TEXT' > /tmp/flash...");

Perhaps you have to play around with the quotes of the second string, as you have double quotes in the XML part they would end the string argument too soon. You would have to quote them or something like that, but google will help you with that.