Topic: Damn Small Linx OS & MAME

Does anyone think that the Damn Small Linux OS will run on Chumby so that MAME (arcade emulators) can be utilized...this would be awesome. Imagine playing classic arcade games in the palm of your hand with ROMS stored on a USB memory stick.

Re: Damn Small Linx OS & MAME

What's wrong with the Linux that's already running on the chumby?

If you're looking for gaming, you might have a better time with something like the GP2X, which is built as a game platform and has games available for it and also runs Linux, however, it's certainly possible to make and run games on the Chumby, and even aided by the fact it ships with Flash pre-installed.

I've been trying to get Nano-X running on my Chumby, and I have been able to get it, along with a few apps, running. However, they're unusable as I cant get the touch screen working tongue

(Its still good for using vnc to "copy" a part of my computer screen, though)

These posts were forever ago. is anyone trying to or has anyone done this? I really really want to get MAME working on the Chumby. I have a low end EEEPC that's running it well. I know the Chumby one is working with much less than that but I'm looking for direction.