Topic: buttons

i need to set a button to a location of a character and have it move with  the character i need some help setting the location of the button because i get an actionscript  processing error. the code is upButton._x = origX;
upButton._y = origY;

Re: buttons

What is the actionscript processing error you're getting?

this is all i get FLERR: ActionScript Processing Error!

If you comment out those lines, you don't get the error?

no i don't

Are you getting this error in the Flash IDE, or on the chumby?

If in the IDE, are you publishing this movie as Flash 8/Actionscript 2, or as Flash 9 or Flash 10?

ide  publishing in flash lite 1.1

According to the Help for FL 1.1, this error means "The emulator has detected an ActionScript error, such as a reference to a nonexistent movie clip."

That would appear to mean that "upButton" doesn't exist, at least in the scope in which you're referring to it.

Hey, if you're still working on this, you might want to publish as Flash 8 - Flash Lite 1.1 is *ancient*  - no chumby, even prototypes, used Flash Lite earlier than 2.1, and the production units have always had some version of Flash Lite 3.

FlashLite 1.1 is roughly equivalent to desktop Flash 4 - which was very limited in capabilities and very well might be the cause of these errors.  It's quite likely that that version does not support _x and _y properties on Button instances.