Topic: custom music source using flashdevelop?

Has anyone been able to create a 'music panel' for a custom music source using FlashDevelop?

I can't seem to get mine to load from the main entry point. It does show up in the menu though, then it gets stuck on the loading screen.

Using Flare to decompile the test panel, and also one I compiled using MTASC with the same code, it seems that there is an 'unknown tag' at the start that does some kind of magic which exists in the pre-compiled (presumably with Flash), and not in the MTASC version.

Are there any tricks, or information on how the chumby control panel loads the 'music panel'?

Thanks,

Sam

Re: custom music source using flashdevelop?

I have: I built a couple in an attempt to make selection of music sources easier. I spent a bit of time paring it back to the bare minimum, so it might not be exactly what you want. Can email a zip archive with source and compile script for MTASC if you like.

Incidentally, I later abandoned that model, and went with a mechanism whereby a slap on the Chumby summons a widget that allows selection from a small set of streams and volume changing.

Brett

The Control Panel simply loads the custom music panel using the MovieClipLoader class, then passes a structure to it that contains the callbacks used to operate the music subsystem.

Thanks Duane for your info....